Original WIP I've been hammering away at since thisafternoon.

Draconiator

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/bplk - Got a LOT of work yet to do. I'm pretty happy with the build-up, so unless I get some more ideas for it it's finished. However, I have JUST started the melody after that, and will get working on it again tomorrow.

Learning lots of techniques from listening to other trance tunes on YT, such as what I call a "tone sweeper" which you hear in the buildup.

Enjoy, so far, heh

Yeah, I really like this. The build up was nice, but I'm not so sure the follow up was as great. It could've been more "grand" and awesome. But you said you'll be working on the melody, so I'll be looking for that on your next update.

Um...apart from that, the track as a whole is really loud. So maybe turn the master volume down a notch or two...probably by like 10-15%.

I also like the buildup, especially that sweep thing with the bass at the end. I think that after the buildup there should be more 'oomph' in general though.

I also felt like the synth playing on the upbeats was a little static sometimes.. like it didn't move to a different note when I thought it would. That might be how you intended it to be though.

Anyway, I really like what you've done so far. The one section you said you had finished (the buildup) was really nice, so I'm sure you're goal is to make the rest of the song match the quality of the buildup.

I'll be looking forward to an updated link :)