*NO* World Cup Italia '90 'The Dreamseeker'

Palpable

Remixer name: Guifrog

-------------

GAME ARRANGED: World Cup Italia '90 (Master System).

SONGS ARRANGED:

1) Main Theme. Source links:

(

).

2) Elimination League/Winning BGM. Source links:

(

).

3) Final Tournament/Losing BGM. Source links:

(

).

REMIX NAME: The Dreamseeker.

REMIX LINK: ()

Sorry for remixing what it seems to be a very unknown game these days.

Here in Brazil it was released as 'Super Futebol 2' though, during the

90's, and I just can't forget its music since that period. The ROM's

available in places such as RomHustler, EmulaBR, etc if you're

interested =P

My intention with this song is to tell some kinda story, which may be

interpreted the way you'd like. In general words, though, it's about

the journey of the man who chases after dreams, as the title already

implies.

Mix breakdown:

0:00-0:26, 0:41-1:12, 1:26-1:33: Source 1 (Main Theme). I experienced

some difficulty with the transition from the calm part to the dancey

one, but I think it turned out fair enough.

1:36-1:49: Original writing, coz I like doing this in my remixes. :P

1:50-2:28: Source 2 (Elimination League/Winning BGM). I think the

piano part worked quite well as a continuation of the melody from

0:41-1:07, so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

2:29-2:40: Source 1 (Main Theme) again. A reafirmation of the thoughts above.

2:42-3:41: Original writing. I quite like this part.

3:42-3:45: The vibraphone takes a small piece of melody from Source 2

(Elimination League/Winning BGM).

3:46-4:01: Original writing.

4:02-4:53: Harp plays a Source 3 (Final Tournament/Losing BGM)

sequence with some variations. During this time, the harp also plays a

melody piece, at 4:14-4:21 and 4:28-4:38, also from Source 3. At

4:39-4:52, there's original melody writing.

5:03-5:22: Again, the soundscape's filled with Source 3 harmony

sequence played by the harp. This time, acoustic guitar tries to

follow it.

5:30-6:08: My favorite part! Harp plays Source 3 harmony sequence

again, but now the fictional player uses both the hands, each hand in

a different octave. 5:43-5:55; oboe melody's original writing, but

during 5:56 to 6:08 it takes on a previously untouched source 3's

melody.

6:12-6:46: This part's a more direct call on Source 3's melody.

6:57-7:02: Source 1 (Main Theme) take to finish.

I think this might sound a bit of a liberal arrangement to you, but if

you compare it to the sources, I'm quite sure you'll recognize the VGM

usage.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. Really. Ribbit. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Before I start - Thank you for the break-down. Huge time saver here.

There are a few things that I like that's going on. First off, I was wary at the 7 minute mix that you threw at us, but it honestly does go by faster than I would have expected. Listening to the sources I wasn't impressed by them, but you did a good job of making them interesting overall. There are a few sections where parts are way over exposed, and could use a little more padding in the background, which will also help with some production stuff I'll bring up later. Also, I will say that the near-minute of original writing you have in the middle is a bit too long, and could be shortened/reference the source more, but I enjoyed the arrangement overall.

The drawback here is the production. Overall things feel very mechanical. This isn't as much of an issue in the dance sections, but when it gets to the more classical sections, it is very noticeable and takes away from the atmosphere. This is especially true with the exposed parts like the oboe and guitar. Along with that, the samples overall are not the strongest. Again, during the dance section they don't seem as bad, but this would sound so much better if you could get your hands on some upgrades. If not, try to focus on writing smart so that things don't show their weaknesses as much. On the same note, the brass is especially not cutting it for me, but I'm biased.

I think it's got a good start here, but the production is the big issue. Get some fixes done to that and I'd like to see this one again. NO (resubmit)

I realize you're trying to tell a story here, and this piece has a lot of nice development, but I have a two big issues:

- Your samples sound very mechanical and fake. It's forgivable during the dance sections because I don't expect things to sound real there, but you take the arrangement into purely acoustic/orchestra sections and the samples and sequencing become very exposed, especially the acoustic guitar and oboe.

- I'm not a fan of the extended original sections here; you have nearly a full minute where you've said yourself it's completely original. A couple of bars here and there is fine, but long transitional sections like this should reference the source music.

I think this is a pretty good arrangement overall, but the extended original section is a bit much. I like the movement from dance to orchestral and then blending them together, but I feel like your samples are lacking. The arrangement could use some tightening up, and the production also needs and upgrade.

NO, resub

• 2 weeks later...

The arrangement was exciting and varied, but yeah, the samples really are an issue in some spots, specifically when they are more exposed. the synths are decent, and the guitar has some good moments, but the sequencing throughout is pretty mechanical. I do think the original sections work pretty good, but do get a little longish, especially for an already unfamiliar source for a lot of people.

One thing I also noticed that for a really long arrangement, the ending was a bit anticlimactic. It's like it's going along, there are some different moods, and then it just sortof ends.

send me a PM, because I can give you some 1 on 1 assistance with some of the sample issues, and we can discuss further how to humanize things more. I like this, but it's not quite there in a few spots to pass.

No, please resubmit