*NO* Mass Effect 'Vigil Impromptu'

Liontamer

Remixer name: -InSomnis-

Website: www.thesixtyone.com/mattpanay or www.flickr.com/mattpanay

Name of game arranged: Mass Effect

Name of song arranged: Vigil

Remix Title: Vigil Impromptu

Comments: This is a 5 minute or so improvisation on the core melody of the title theme to Mass Effect. The game took story-telling and character development to a height that very few other franchises can even hope to achieve, so I will always have a special place in my heart for the crew of the Normandy. The title screen gives me goosebumps, even to this day, so I felt the need to learn the melody on piano. I hit record and played around on the theme for around 20 minutes, choosing this 5 minute excerpt to represent the arrangement as a whole. It drifts away from the melody quite often, but not in a way that is unpleasant. (I hope.)

Thanks!

-Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- "Vigil"
"It drifts away from the melody quite often, but not in a way that is unpleasant."

Some info on where the source melody was in play would have been helpful. But either way, there wasn't much I could overtly connect to the original besides some mood similarities. IMO, the production/stereo choices did not benefit this; the whole thing sounded aimless and directionless.

As much as one can get wrapped up in "Vigil", that track did have a melody and direction. As long as you enjoyed making this piece, that's great, but it's not for us; the ties to the original aren't there enough, if at all, and there's no cohesive direction.

NO

• 2 weeks later...