Katamri Damacy & We Love Katamari

Stab594

I would really enjoy some remixes of the Katamari Games soundtracks. For those who don't know, the original plan for the soundtracks according to Yū Miyake, was for the original two soundtracks to be by Japanese artists, with the third by non-japanese, but he didn't know many non-japanese remixers for the third soundtrack.

The first two soundtracks were so well done that I would like to here non-japanese remixes to hear where it could have gone.

The Katamari Forever soundtrack was pretty disappointing for me. I realize the game is called 'Tribute' over in Japan, but they could've given us some original songs on par with the brilliance of the original soundtracks. For the most part, a lot of the remixes they did for the game sound very repetitive.

My favorite remix from the soundtrack, bar none, is the Yuri's Mixx of Sayonara Rolling Star. originally from the 360-exclusive Beautiful Katamari. Most of the others, if they aren't repetitive, they're jumbled mess. If only they had given him a link to OCR, eh?

That said, I'd love to hear an OCReMix of Bluffing Damacy (We <3 Katamari).

There have been at least three, if not more, instances of Katamari series games being pitched on OCAD for "Songs What Need Remixing". I agree, there needs to be more Katamari remixes. Maybe one day, I'll find the time and inspiration to redo my acoustic remix of Katamari on the Rock from WAY back in the day, but there should be lots more. LOTS MORE.