Mega Man 9 remix - Tornado Chasers

MyUsernamesMud

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/vjjk

A dance remix of the Tornado Man theme. Mostly done with poizone.

So yeah, I guess talking about what I did here? I always thought Tornado Man definitely had some really cool riffs going on below the surface, so I tried to bring them out here, like with that one really sweet line near the beginning. Other than that its pretty by-the-books.

Kinda meh, imo. It seems like your standard dance mix with nothing much being done to it. The synths being used don't really grab my attention and the arrangement seems a bit too close to the source. It might be passable on youtube, but I don't know how well it would do on a site like this.

I did get some enjoyment out of it, but it still needs a lot more work.

Well, I like it, but for a remix it is very basic. It seems very close to the source. I am also not digging the lead. Very distracting. Also, the synths you use sound like they're all presets, which is generally looked down upon. Try messing around with the Harmless and Sytrus synths on FL, if you have them.

As far as arrangement goes, it sounds too empty. Try either adding in more synths or taking the ones you have now and make them more dynamic, meaning make them sound non-static. To me, it sounds like you took the midi file and added instruments over it, which can sound great, but I don't think it will make it to OCR.

Keep at it. I would love to see how this turns out.