thequietone@hotmail.fr

http://www.myspace.com/icesecam

icesecam

Submission Information

F-Zero SNES 1990,1991 by Nintendo

Records, Title Screen

Naoto Ishida, Yumiko Kametani

Comments :

I have played F-zero recently on snes with my nephew and then all the nostalgia came back.

I always loved this peacefull chilling song when the "game over" screen comes out, i could listen to this song for hours. That's how the idea of remixing it came.

Mixing those chords with my favorite genre "Drum&Bass - Jungle" made me think to an other song of F-Zero GX that i loved "Vegas Palace" that's how i had this inspiration

on 1:39. For the " Select screen opening theme" i added extra arrangement especially on the piano background which is by the way inspirated by FFXIII song "Sullya Springs".

That was 2 weeks of work especially for the drum.

I am sorry for my bad english. I am from France.

Cordialy,

Sam

----------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weA_E4fE_fA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AphJthe1NRI

I'm going to start by saying that I really liked this sound. It was pretty cool to see what was done to the original to expand on it. That being said, I think the song ends up going on for too long. There were a lot of good ideas used overall, but for the last minute and a half the piece strays too far from the source. The mix could probably achieve the same effect to me if about a minute was taken out of it, and if after the very liberal source section there was a return to the source before the end.

I'd love to hear this altered and sent in again! NO (resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

I love the percussion on this one, though the arrangement is a little uneven. There is a definite expansion, but the first half feels really conservative, and the second half really liberal. One thing that also brought this down a little for me was that it really started to drag. THe ideas are fresh, but by the time the song is done, it feels like not a lot of ground was covered. I think Deia has it right that removing a minute or so of the song would help it feeling fresher. I really like the track, but it needs a little editing to get my vote.

No, please resubmit

I do love me some dnb. I love the first half of this track. Really hits that sweet spot between jazzy and electronic; great percussion and overall vibe.

I feel that later on down the line however, you sort of go off the rails a bit and get really liberal in your interpretation and eventually all semblance of the source tunes are lost. I realize that it's in the nature of the genre for a song to evolve more over time, but this may go on too long and go too far.

I like what I heard, but I think some condensing and a stronger connection to the source would help.

NO, resub