*NO* Mega Man 3 'Thump Man Redux'

djpretzel

ReMixer Name: omegastation

ReMixed Game: Mega Man 3

Song: Not sure, but it's #11 in the NSF file...

I was playing Mega Man Anniversary and I remembered how much I loved the music from all of the games. I used to play Mega Man 3 a whole bunch when I was a kid, so that was my favorite. I just did a sort of cover of the original and made it more techno-disco-poppy. I made it entirely in Reason 2.5 and mastered in SoundForge.

--

_\ /_

this is a Wily stage theme...cant recall which one.

What's here sounds pretty good. you really shouldnt cut it off at two minutes, tho. this could make a decent intro for a song that is three minutes longer. play thru the melody again, feature the strings maybe, have a solo...etc.

apart from that, you probably should beef up the midrange.

NO

Pretty muted and dry presentation. No meat behind it whatsoever. Seriously learn how to thicken up the sounds on this and fill this out.

Like Vig said, and I'm sure Prot will say, extend the ideas here with more material as well. Not much else to say, as the rearrangment had some decent ideas. This would need a lot more substance and stronger sounds to pass at a mere 2:11 though.

NO

Very sparse and thin - definitely beef up the middle and bottom range compositionally and instrumentally. This definitely needs compositional meat. Kick the bass up louder - in fact, everything needs to be louder. Ending also is kind of generic with the very long sustained violins/high strings. I do like the disco string runs.

I recognized this was Reason instantly before you even mentioned it. Reason is capable of better production results than this. Outside of the compositional issues I would work with the compressors, eq and other effects to add more dimension to this mix. The peaks need to be tamed. Make the instrumentals louder. Once tamed, you could get away with a 4 to 5 db boost : but rather I would go back to the mixing stage in Reason and work with your velocities and volume levels there.

This is cool and fun sounding, but to me sounds very incomplete and unfinished. NO