*NO* Mega Man X3 'Chilly Bovid'

DragonAvenger

- Name - Fugrooh

- RL Name - Andrew Hargrave

Submission Info:

- Game - MegaMan X3

- Song - Blizzard Buffalo stage music

- Comments:

So, the Blizzard Buffalo music from his particular stage has always been a favorite of mine and I've thrown around the idea of remixing it to something more...heavy. Up until recently, I've unbelievably busy with life and just haven't had time to do much of any recording. The idea, however, was to make a seriously heavy remix of the music...and I'm pretty sure I achieved that.

When I started this remix, I noticed two major things about the track itself: it's not long, and there isn't much change. So the challenge here was to make something longer than 1 minute, 30 seconds long...which is about the length of the original midi rip from the game. In the end, I'd say that managing to make a 5 minute long song is a huge victory. The arranging and drums took the most time to get any bit decent...but it looks good from my vantage point.

I loved the whole process of doing this and might just do it with more VG music.

------------------------

Firstly, I'm noticing that while you expanded on the lenghth of the track, there isn't really much done to the source melody itself. I would like to see you fool around with changing the source around and using that as an expansion part along with stretching out the time. As it stands now, I am just hearing the source over a metal setting and the a more acoustic setting. Related to that, the transitions between the different sections are pretty weak. They are all pretty sudden, and need some work to flow better.

The bell sound over the metal setting really isn't meshing well together. Aside from that, the reverb is not really balanced properly, so the bell sounds in a completely different setting then the rest of the instruments. During the metal sections everything is way overcompressed and generally very muddy. The acoustic setting is a lot better overall, and easily my favorite part of the mix.

It's an interesting start and approach to the source, but this needs a lot of work. NO

Cool metal style, and the drums are well programmed, as well as good guitar performances, but the mixing on this is pretty uneven. Everything sounds really quiet, pushed back, and the reverbs don't match up. Besides the shift to metal, and a few cool additional ideas, the source is handled in a pretty straightforward way. Im not saying it's a dealbreaker, but it would be cool for it to be a little more expanded melodically. Also, for how compressed the song is, the volume is really low.

This is a pretty good start, but the production is going to need quite a bit of refinement. I suggest taking it to our WIP board and getting soem detailed help! :-)

No, please resubmit

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I like that part in the middle with the acoustic, but all the really hard metal stuff is not so great. I think that there's too much reverb, and there's not a whole lot of balance. The guitars are filling up the soundscape in a bad way; specifically they're completely overpowering everything else and it all sounds muddy and mashed together. It's kind of difficult to hear any of the other things that are going on because of those guitars.

The acoustic part is really nice though and I think you should really focus on expanding that a bit.

Needs a lot of work, but I don't think it's a lost cause.

NO