*NO* Mega Man 7 'From the Sadness in the Shade'

DragonAvenger

Remixer name : Exetra

Email address : Astabolhk_hmx@hotmail.fr

UserID : 36167

Name of the game : Mega Man 7 (SNES)

Name of the individual song : Shade Man theme

Additional Information : http://ocremix.org/game/460/mega-man-7-snes I think your website contains everything about it, but if you need to know something, tell me I'll do my best to answer

Link to the Original Soundtrack : Sorry, I found the lead with my guitar when I was hearing it

Own Comments about the mix : In first, I'll apologize for my English. I'm not sure to speak correctly, because I'm French..

Brief ! I really like Mega Man classic's music, it was a lot of memories when I heard them. I was inspirate by my own music style, something a little bit sad and disturbed. I like to do music as "Calm/Aggressif/Calm" it's how if we was reading a story, in first there's the calm (intro), after there's the disruptive, then there's the fight, and finally, there's the denouement. But I hate good ends (lol).

I done it with GuitarPro5 / MixCraft / my Guitar / my MIDI Pad. I'm beggining in the mastering domain, so I hope it has a good render.

Hoping that you'll enjoy it, have a nice day/week/month (Xmas, easter, etc... )

--------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgbnG7ZJ4g

There are some pretty decent arrangement ideas going on here. I liked that you slowed things down and gave the entire track a more introspective feel. Similarly, the transitions to the different sections are not bad. The first transition to the strings only and the transition to half-time were a little rough, but serviceable.

What's really hurting this mix is the execution. There are a lot of timing issues between the instruments which makes the whole mix feel awkward and rough. The panning is also not used as effectively as it could be. Place your main instruments more center, and have other instruments more panned. Balancing out the drums vs. the other instruments will also help things. Right now they feel a little too far back.

Some of the samples are kind of weak, the strings most notably. I would look into finding some better samples for those.

I like the overall arrangement ideas, but the other aspects need a good amount of work. Really focus on getting things more in time, work out those details. NO (resubmit)

Awfully quiet. the guitar should probably be compressed some. Woah, what's with the bad edit at :18? sloppy. again at :29...and again! dude you can't punch in like that. make little fades!

The string sample is not nearly fast enough for that part. The rhythm guitars have no bite..too dark. Drums are also too dark, performances are sloppy.

needs work

NO

Some performance and production issues really hamper this, and I think the other judges have covered it pretty well. Your guitar tone for leads is nice and clean, but the playing is sloppy in some parts, and needs polish. The drums have decent punch, but sound too far back and lack a high end crack that they really need. I suggest hitting up the WIP forums and getting some additional assistance on this.

No