*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Heavy Schala'

djpretzel

Yeesh. Way to hang that flute note until :25. Panning effects were really bad. Way higher quality than the MIDI stuff you'd hear at a very bootleg CT fan site. Too bad that's not what this place is.

VERY shrill strings coming in at 1:21. Some very minimal arrangement going on here anyway. Definitely at the level that a total n00b would think was a dramatic overhaul. 5 1/2 minutes of this? Nah, I'm good thanks.

Jesus, even turning down the volume to 50% on Winamp, these shrill instruments are killing me. Sorry, bro, form rejection all the way.

NO

Unfortunately, the first thing that one notices about this mix is that it is simply a general MIDI file that has been recorded as an MP3. There are a wide variety of high quality samples that can be downloaded for free and this sort of sound quality just isn't acceptable anymore.

That being said, the arrangement isn't too bad, if perhaps a bit straightforward- a few nice harmony change-ups, decent form and overall a rather pleasant composition. However, I would like to see more attention paid toward humanization- try adding dynamic contrast or even more subtle additions like vibrato (by way of small, quick pitch bends).

This *might* be passable with better samples. I would recommend submitting to vgmusic.com, though.

NO