*NO* Streets of Rage 2 'Ending Theme (Sax Is Real)'

djpretzel

I would like to submit my remix to your site.

Contact Info

G-Clef

Joseph Cavaseno

gclef@soulkid.net

www.rayzd.com

G-Clef da Mad Komposa ( I don't know what my number is but my activation key was e4539841553b3)

ReMix Info

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 2 End Theme

Yuzo Koshiro, composer

This was a re-arranegment with live playing and some drum programming, using Ensoniq ASR-10 and cakewalk. The saxophone playing is me.

the intro is bad. it sounds rhythmically off, the strings play wholetones, ick.

so, here's the thing: the sax playing is really good. unfortunately, theres not much of a remix beneath it. it's more or less a drumloop, and a very simple rhythm section repeated underneath an admittedly kickass sax solo. this just isnt enough. gotta be more arrangement than that.

NO.

but if i need sax in the future, i'll know where to go.

http://www.zophar.net/gym/sor2.rar - "Good End" (25.gym)

I'm feeling extra generous today, because while I didn't own many games, SoR2 was one of them, and this is just ripped beats with live sax on top as a cover until 1:35 and is DYING for NO Override. Then we hit the freestyle section of the sax, which was alright. Nothing particularly sweet or anything, but shit, I can't play sax. The rest of music detracted from the sax work though. Somewhere out there, Prot's making fun of this being a bonus track off the Very Best of SEGA. 3:12...what the...hell?!? Why would you even do that to the ending?

Rayz-duh!

Yu-zo!

Rip mix!

But...WITH...a...sax...on...TOP!

[/sonik Elektronik]

NO

The sax was great, and the beat sounded good too, although I think that you could have changed the drum beat up a bit.

The thing about this is that it doesn't really add anything that big to the original, and while the sax sounds great, the rest of the instruments just don't seem to gel with it. The sax just seems like it's sitting on top, and the mix is quite dry, needs some more reverb imo. To pass this would need some more original sections coupled with some variation, as it stands this doesn't meet the bar.

What is with the ghastly ending? That is a no on its own! Just criminal.

NO

Awesome sax. A little gripe, I thought the sax was way way upfront, on headphones it was kind of harsh. Personal taste, but I would like to hear some reverb or delay on the sax. Still excellent work in that aspect. Beyond that, the background was a bit generic. Ending also did not make any sense and the transition was nonexistent. Main issue here repetitive loops, and lack of arrangement make it a NO for me.