*NO* Chrono Cross 'Ancient History in HD'

OceansAndrew

Hi,

Christian Pacaud and I were working on a remix album some 4 or 5 years ago called "Still More Fighting". Well both of us got pretty busy and we never launched the album. But by the end of it, I had a few tunes in my back pocket that were ready to go. They simply weren't mixed and mastered.

This is one of those songs. It's a remix of "Dragon God" from Chrono Cross. I really didn't do much except make a few tweaks, mix, and master the track. All in all it's pretty interesting working with something you wrote half a decade ago.

Anyway, major props to Christian for not only bringing these bass lines to life, but also for rocking the guitar!

source:

• 2 weeks later...

I had to listen to this one many times before I started to really hear any connections to the source. Arrangement-wise, this is super liberal, and for someone who is pretty well versed in the CC soundtrack, I had a tough time recognizing it. The connections I did make were nice, but they are few and too far between.

Production-wise things aren't too bad. I'm not overly crazy about the sound choices overall, but that feels more personal than anything. At times things felt a little empty. The bass is one of the strong points, and is used pretty effectively.

I like some of the ideas you presented here, but the lack of a solid source connection is what is killing things here for me.

NO (resubmit)

I gotta agree with Deia here; I am really loving what I am hearing, but the connection to the source is not dominant for very much of the piece. There are some sections that definitely feel right and are recognizable, but for a lot of it, it sounds more like an "inspired by chrono cross" song.

Sorry guys, it's really good, but I gotta give it the No

• 2 weeks later...

Very odd arrangement. I can't say I was digging all of it, but I did love individual pieces, especially the drums, the accordian, and Christian's bass and guitar. On the other side, the orchestral pieces were kind of stiff and the transitions were weak. That hurt the song a bit.

It's sort of moot anyway because outside of a section or two, the connection to the source is too loose. It definitely comes across as more "inspired by". Sorry, Kunal.

NO