*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Portrait Wrought with Evil'

DragonAvenger

Remixer name - Kamasenin

Real Name - Kevin A. Knapp

OCremix ID - 26628

Game Source - Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)

Track Source - Magic House

Source at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUp2aBnTICM

This remix does have portions of some of the original source material, but a significant amount of original content has been added to it.

The piece starts off with some playful adventure music, and as the heroes venture further into the magic house, the paintings come alive to attack them. The attack portion is followed by an eerie sounding outro. I tried to use the outro to convey the final moments of approaching the last painting Relm was working on in Owzer's basement.

DAW - Acid Pro 7

VST's - Omnisphere, Kore 2 / Komplete 5, Kitcore

----------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

overall this felt pretty good to me, but it's waaay too short. There was interpretation and expansion, but only once through the main melody isn't near enough. Production was pretty good, and the sounds chosen were classy. THe mood set was very effective, but there just needs to be more. Expand the arrangement and get some additional material in here and resubmit it, please. It's really good. :-)

No, please resubmit

I like the various ideas you have for this, and I think this mix could be really good, but right now it's got some big issues to me that I think need to be fixed. Foremost is that the overall mix is just too short. You have a good ear for arranging, so it would be great to hear you expand the overall song. I also found that both the transition from the into original material to the source, and then from the source to the ending outtro material were pretty awkward, and need to be smoothed out a little. On a similar note, it would be great for you to incorporate more of the original material during the source material, and vice-versa.

I liked most of the sounds, but the flute used at the end is very shrill and airy. There are also some times (1:26 being an example) where the chorus feels out of time with the rest of the instruments.

Good ideas, but they need some tweaking, and lengthening. NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it, but too much of this is independent of the source. The part that arranges the source is cool, but only lasts about a minute. It's enjoyable, but we're looking for something more interpretive and expansive. On the production end, this was good but the part with the drums sounds like it could have used bass to fill out the gap.

NO