OceansAndrew

Title: Chase Me

ReMixer name: Pipkin

Email Address: nick@nicholasgreer.com

UserID: 38220

Game: Life Force (Konami, 1988, NES) http://ocremix.org/chip/1660

Arranged Song: 'Power of Anger (1st Stage BGM)'

source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaQdVYCUTxU&playnext=1&list=PLA50D40C096ED0AB2&index=16

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty cool arrangement idea, but it seemed like the soundscape was too thin in a lot of places. The strings were ensemble strings, and pretty well sequenced, but it just seemed like throughout the sound was never full. It was sections playing unison lines without much else going on besides the cool bass and percussion. Sometimes there was some counter melody work, but overall, it felt empty.

I really like the ideas presented, but I think the arrangement needs to be fleshed out further.

The production was fine, but it's hard to tell how it'd work when the soundscape is filled with more. I think it'd be fine.

No, please resubmit

I really like the arrangement ideas you have here, but I think you need to take this one further. Andrew is right when he said that the overall track feels empty. I'd like to see you fill up the soundscape more, which will give you some opportunities to expand even further on the arrangement, either with some counter-melodies or even palying around with the chord structure. I also felt that using the ensemble strings for the lead is alright, but is overused. Try changing the lead around a bit and experimenting with what other instruments could be used.

Good start, now take it further!

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

Though the track was promising, I gotta agree that it felt empty. The orchestration was cool, and the moments where everything came in were excellent, but there were disappointingly few moments like that. Where's the background strings and brass to fill in the gaps? I'd also like to second Deia's suggestion of letting some other instruments take lead. Finally, the ending just... happens. It'd be cool to have one final swell after that to end on a bang. Hope you come back to this one and give it some more time.

NO (resubmit)