*NO* Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat 'Shadows Over the Empire' *FT*

GrayLightning

Ellywu2 Fallthrough

Remix Name: Shadows over the Empire

Remix of: (http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com/0vg/PC-Warhammer-ShadowOfTheHornedRat.shtml , The one called 'Title')

Game: Warhammer - Shadow of the Horned Rat

Original Composer: James Hannigan/ Mark Knight

Remixer Name: Ellywu2

My Blurb: Well, this is a mix i submitted in August, but well, obviously it didnt register or something like that? Either way here it is!

Done in Fruityloops and using various VSTi's.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

-----------------------------------------------

the majority of this mix is really close to the original, except the percussion. occasionally there is a rhythmical variation or something like at 2:10, but the ideas are never sustained or developed. then you have sections like at 3:00 that dont have anything to do with anything.

i feel the biggest thing this mix has over the original is the sound quality, and there are still some mastering issues and stuff like that. there are some good breaks like the piano section, but they really arent developed. doesnt sound like a cohesive whole. try to come up with a dynamic curve. tell a story, etc.

NO

When I play the original midi, I hear this horribly off-key lead in the middle of the song. Weird. Anyway, this mix isn't much different in melody or progression aside from a few percussive and support elements (nice arpeggio runs). The sound quality is generally nice, although I can hear many encoding artifacts throughout. Use LAME.

There is more structure here than in the original, but it's mostly the same song with better samples.

NO

<fag1> i refuse to believe that "Shadow of the Horned Rat" is an actual game

<fag2> It's a Warhammer game apparently

<fag1> psh

<fag1> that doesnt sound real to me

Sound quality-wise, there certainly a lot here to like with the orchestration. This does expand on the source tune through stretching out some ideas from the original, such as your intro being a lot lengthier, and also adding some further instrumentation.

But like the others have said before, aside from a few underdeveloped deviations from the source, this structurally doesn't go in many places that the original doesn't. A little too conservative, unfortunately. Quality sounds won't make up for that.

Near the end of the MIDI, there were plenty of other ideas going on that would have made great rearrangement material. Good foundations here, Chris, but this needs to be a lot more interpretive regarding the use of the source. Take this further via additional unique directions of your own creation. And um...no offense, but perhaps think of a better remixer name. One sans numbers in it.

NO