*NO* Donkey Kong Country 2 'Rave at Brambles'

DragonAvenger

D1G1T4LPOLARIS

Marcel Morin

Themarcelmorin@live.com

youtube.com/iwearmycapbackwards

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

Brambles Stickerbrush Symphony

Since i love making techno and i love any donkey kong country game i knew there was one song i had to remix and the was the bramble blast level,i used fl studio 9 for this remix.

the remix is called brambles dance party in the stickerbrush

----------------------

The synths started out a little generic, but worked well enough, but damn if the percussion isn't making any sense. The untz are fine, but why is there a massively compressed snare or reverse cymbal build every 2 measures? You need to use that stuff like ketchup. A little on the burger is good, but when there is more ketchup than burger, it becomes a problem.

Beyond that, the arrangement is pretty much the exact same as the original with new synths.

Sorry man, this needs a lot more work before it's passable. The ending cuts off abruptly as well.

No

I like the idea that you have behind this mix, because I think the source would make an excellent transition to this kind of techno. I think, however, that there are problems in this mix that are preventing it from being where it needs to be. Foremost is the arrangement itself and how there is very little added or changed to it. There needs to be some expansion or original material away from the source, and right now this is a cover. Added to that are the production issues that Andrew mentioned, and you've got some work ahead of you.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Not enough arrangement here, and the song is really overcompressed. Those are dealbreakers right there, no matter how good the rest of the song is. OA's ketchup comment is hilarious but unfortunately accurate. You've got way more ketchup here than burger. Those snare rolls and reverse whooshes should not be happening every two measures. Sorry man.

NO