ReMixer: DJ H3L10S, DarkSim

E-Mail: dbrown1986@hotmail.com, biocolor09@hotmail.com

http://www.myspace.com/biocolor09

UserID #: 30784, 33879

Game(s) Arranged: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Song(s) Arranged: Southern Face Shrine

Composers: Kazumi Totaka, Minako Hamano & Kozue Ishikawa

Link: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/music/zelda-soundtracks/links-awakening-ost/

It's been in Mod Review for about two months and hasn't gotten much Feedback from a mod, it's also gone through 12 revisions, so I think it's ready for the judges.

Thanks!

David & DarkSim.

David Brown

---------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I like this source, it's very mysterious, and I think you do a good job of keeping that mystery in your work throughout. I found that while there are changes in various parts throughout, this gets repetitive. The main melody from the source is pretty untouched, and you use it at least three times through. You need to expand on the source and add some original material in here to supplement the source. Having an original section away from the lead source melody is another option you can explore, to give the listeners a break from it.

The sounds you've used are pretty generic, but they are used effectively. Once things get going in full, I'm noticing that there really isn't a change in the soundscape. Just like the melody stays the same, having the soundscape stay the same makes the track lose some effectiveness. Think about dropping out and adding instruments to keep things fresh. The drum programming has some good moments, but sometimes it gets stuck on a loop for a while, which I'd like you to work on varying up a bit more. The bass drum could use a little more punch, as well.

You've got a start here, but I think this needs more revisions before it's ready.

NO (resubmit)

I think the lovely and talented Ms. Avenger summed this track up pretty well. There is nothing inherently wrong with it, but when you combine a generally conservative arrangement with a static sound for the duration, the results don't quite add up to OCR postage.

All of her suggestions are valid, and great ways to enhance the track. I could definitely see this on the front page with a little more work.

No, please resubmit

• 4 weeks later...