*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Voices of the Deep'

OceansAndrew

good morning, OCR people.

today i'm submitting Voices of the Deep, available at this site: . it's for the Link's Awakening project, so if it passes, please hold it until the project releases.

remixer name: prophetik

email address: bradley.burr@gmail.com

userid: 8761

name of game arranged: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

individual songs arranged: Catfish's Maw

additional information: it's all on your system already

own comments: this is a track i wrote for the Link's Awakening project. it was completed in about three hours. i noticed that there are very few remixes of this track, and wanted to try my hand remixing a tune that had been ignored so readily by the community. after five years of this project being up and down, no one ever gave it a shot. i didn't want to wait for someone to come along and do a crappy job on it, so i figured i'd give a shot.

from the project commentary: -Catfish’s Maw is another of those tracks that’s particularly atmospheric, and doesn’t really work well outside of the game itself. There’s just so little musical content there that no one really wanted to work on it, with good reason. I picked this track up on a whim, and finished this remix three hours later. I rarely do music this ambient, which made it fun. Of course, Omnisphere helped a lot, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, we are bros, so i'll be straight with you, this is pretty boring.

You definitely made it better by adding some loopz, but the quote:

"...doesn’t really work well outside of the game itself. There’s just so little musical content there that no one really wanted to work on it, with good reason."

is pretty spot on.

Production is decent but not amazing, and for an ambient track, where you certainly aren't going to be excited by the material, it needs to be at that level. Cool for the project, but not for OCR. Sorry. ;_;

No

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's a trapping of the genre, but this kind of just coasts for about 3 minutes. The energy-level throughout is exactly the same. I don't hear a lot of evolution in the track.

The texture and ambiance is nice though, so good job on that.

A solid take, but I think ultimately it doesn't do enough, and probably doesn't have enough to work with in the first place.

NO