*NO* Dragon Warrior 'A Knight's Disdain'

DragonAvenger

I'd like to submit one last song, please. Thank you for your time!

Contact Information

Your ReMixer name: Motol DM

Your real name: Bill Brown

Your email address: wabdesign@gmail.com

Your website: Soundclick.com/motoldm

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 24810

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Dragon Warrior

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Unknown World

---------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS0ShUDOWPQ&feature=related

I found the overall arrangement of this to be pretty good. I liked how the rhythms were altered, but a lot of the time you can still very easily recognize the source. There are a few moments where things feel a little lost from the source, but it isn't long before it comes back.

The problem is the samples are super weak, which is totally bringing down the whole mix. Along with that, there are some balance issues with some of the backing pads being too loud and overbearing.

Nice arrangement, but without those sounds getting fixed up this isn't going to pass. Please use the WIP forums to get some feedback to be able to get this fixed, and I want to hear it again!

NO (resubmit)

I like the arrangement ideas here, but I do have to say that the synth sounds are really bland and cheap sounding. I think that's the main issue holding this back, though the arrangement feels meandering as well, and could definitely be trimmed quite a bit and be more effective overall.

I think this has a good start, but needs a lot more polish. I recommend bringing it to the WIP forum and getting some additional support. The arrangement is well thought out but needs some trimming, and the samples and synths need an upgrade.

No, please resubmit

• 2 months later...

I liked the chord changes you added, but the arrangement seemed underdeveloped and directionless. The constant drum dropouts were distracting and really hurt the energy level. There needed to be more rise and fall, and flow. The samples were a big problem, nearly all of them sounded very plain. The sequencing on the lead should have also been less mechanical, and the drums needed to change-up rather than repeat ad infinitum. Finally, the sub bass levels are super cranked up and made my woofer shake.

I think you have some ways to go before you'll have something that will pass. The song has some good elements, but needs a lot more refinement, the kind that comes from just putting your nose to the grindstone with writing and producing music. Keep at it!

NO