OceansAndrew

Remixer Name: Avin

Email: gmvinster@live.com, gmvinster@gmail.com

Userid: 30775

Name of game arranged: Silent Hill

Name of individual song arranged: Silent Hill

Composer: Akira Yamaoka

Comment;

Making this beat as if it’s a dance anthem for a dance crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfFAkV16Qc

Not sure if that track name is gonna fly, it's pretty generic. Let's listen though.

It took me awhile to wrap my head around what was going on here, but once I did, I could really appreciate you adjusting the source in the way you did.

Production-wise, the bass seemed like it could have been a bit deeper, but i was generally feeling the rest of it. You've added a lot of cool hooks into the song that really give it a powerful swagger.

Overall pretty good, i dig. :-)

Yes

I'm pretty opposite Andrew on this one. I felt like the connection between the source, while there, is still tenuous in how it's presented. It just felt like too big of a leap, and combined with the instrumentation, I just wasn't feeling it. Instruments overall are too generic for my tastes, and the brass just isn't cutting the muster. Along with it all, the song feels pretty mechanical overall.

I think there's a ton of promise in this, but right now it's not working for me. I hope you keep working on it, I'd like to hear it again.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

Slammed! Holy shit. Drums up front is good for dance music, but that snare is really killing the strings, it's so loud. Oh, look at that, there's a piano too. Just noticed, because the snare is too loud.

Aside from that, the arrangement is really kind of simplistic and repetitive. Sorry, but this is a pretty easy NO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Something about the opening beat really sounded like a loop preset. The strings definitely sounded flimsy and exposed, the piano sounded too quiet and fake, and the whole texture AND the whole arrangement was just really repetitive and underdeveloped. The beats were much louder than anything involving the source and the sound balance simply wasn't there. OA, whachu smokin'? :lol:

Sorry Avin, this is sloppy and unpolished right now. A spit polish is not nearly enough to flesh this out, articulate and balance the parts properly and develop this track.

NO