Best Guitar VSTi

Hidan

(neblix, seriously, shrink your sig. it's pretty cool (except the text should be centered) but obnoxiously large and annoying atm)

Signatures Limitations/Restrictions:

• Max 4 lines of text
  • Max 2 images, 250 pixels of total height
  • No inappropriate content (see above)

I win. it's250px

but again expencive guitar sample kit != good sounds, effects friendly, sound versatility nor a changible tone with a amp that sounds good. Plus since your using SAMPLED sounds, your pickups are not tangible and cannot be changed to change guitar tones.

lots of other reasons but now you know to just pick up a guitar. its not hard to learn. it takes time that is all.

Actually, Shreddage and Electri6ity are pretty good when put through non crappy amp sims.

Anyways, problems with your post:

Expensive guitar samples don't always = good sounds, but they don't always != good sounds also. If you record clean guitar without an amp, of course it would be amp friendly. (because IT'S CLEAN, with NO AMP SOUND) That's what Shreddage is. It's clean guitar, and you can put it through whatever amp you want. And as for the pickup business... why not just record samples for all of the different pickups? There's no reason not to.

Playing guitar isn't the only option, there ARE sample library/engines being released that are getting better at imitating guitars.

As for slayer, it still sucks.

I win. it's250px

Actually, Shreddage and Electri6ity are pretty good when put through non crappy amp sims.

Anyways, problems with your post:

Expensive guitar samples don't always = good sounds, but they don't always != good sounds also. If you record clean guitar without an amp, of course it would be amp friendly. (because IT'S CLEAN, with NO AMP SOUND) That's what Shreddage is. It's clean guitar, and you can put it through whatever amp you want. And as for the pickup business... why not just record samples for all of the different pickups? There's no reason not to.

Playing guitar isn't the only option, there ARE sample library/engines being released that are getting better at imitating guitars.

As for slayer, it still sucks.

never heard of shreaddage. 100% clean? i'll take a look, but then again the real challenge is getting a realistic riff, solo etc..

never heard of shreaddage. 100% clean? i'll take a look, but then again the real challenge is getting a realistic riff, solo etc..

Considering it's been advertised on the front page of OCR as well as a posted remix by zircon using it, I'm quite surprised you've never seen/heard it before.

It's a rhythm guitar library, focusing less on leads and more on rhythm riffs and stuff. The person who programmed the samples was zircon and the guy playing the samples to be recorded is Sixto.

http://impactsoundworks.com/products/instrumental/shreddage

:lmassoff: That's terrible to do especially if you edit/change parameters on your instruments. You can't just reload the player, you have to reload all the existing instruments, which means you had to have saved their configurations somewhere.

I'm running the Kontakt demo on a DAW. So the effects are saved in the sequence, the only thing being reloaded is the kontakt demo in the guitar. The tracks are where, for the most part, my effects are saved. I'm still learning how to use DAWs, mix, edit and create effects. I'm assuming if I were to change anything within the kontakt demo it wouldn't save, but I've not done that yet. But yeah lol, it's a really inefficient way of doing things. I'm possibly getting komplete for christmas, so that'll solve the problem.

Hey guys!

I don't know how much I am outdated but I wanted to know what you would think of this short solo I made in Fruity Loops using Realstrat Musiclab, Tubebaby ample and Guitar Rig 3, and I still like it (it was my first attempt at realistic electric guitar):

What do you think of this sound?

It was my quick personal re-version of one of Santana's songs, I don't remember the title... infact it should be classical music.

By the way I listened to Shreddage and I find it to be really great, I don't think I could do the same thing with realstrat, and the price is really cool compared to all the other software, (unfortunately I have problems with payment solutions online because of where I live...) + some budget limitations ^^"

See you later and have a nice day!

KF 8-)

Hey guys!

I don't know how much I am outdated but I wanted to know what you would think of this short solo I made in Fruity Loops using Realstrat Musiclab, Tubebaby ample and Guitar Rig 3, and I still like it (it was my first attempt at realistic electric guitar):

What do you think of this sound?

It was my quick personal re-version of one of Santana's songs, I don't remember the title... infact it should be classical music.

By the way I listened to Shreddage and I find it to be really great, I don't think I could do the same thing with realstrat, and the price is really cool compared to all the other software, (unfortunately I have problems with payment solutions online because of where I live...) + some budget limitations ^^"

See you later and have a nice day!

KF 8-)

All of the notes have the same vibrato and attack style. Same plucking too. Try varying velocities, because especially during the faster stuff it just reminds me of soundfonts I used to use.

Great job on the pitch bending though.

I'm running the Kontakt demo on a DAW. So the effects are saved in the sequence, the only thing being reloaded is the kontakt demo in the guitar. The tracks are where, for the most part, my effects are saved. I'm still learning how to use DAWs, mix, edit and create effects. I'm assuming if I were to change anything within the kontakt demo it wouldn't save, but I've not done that yet. But yeah lol, it's a really inefficient way of doing things. I'm possibly getting komplete for christmas, so that'll solve the problem.

Things you edit in Kontakt are less effects and more changing the actual samples themselves. You can remap samples, and use AET to "map the spectral content of one sound onto another" (whatever the hell that means, as far as I'm concerned it's just crossfading between instruments and i haven't for the life of me figured out how to use it yet) and do other crazy wav editing stuff.

All of the notes have the same vibrato and attack style. Same plucking too. Try varying velocities, because especially during the faster stuff it just reminds me of soundfonts I used to use.

Great job on the pitch bending though.

Hi Neblix, sorry but there are absolutely no vibratos involved, I made a video to show you the dry sound of Realstrat, then with the Tubebaby amp, and finally plus Guitar Rig 3, and scrolling through the manually edited pitch bending,

I am not sure about what you mean by "plucking" is it the sound produced when you hit the cord with a finger or a mediator? In that case, are you recommending to change it for each note? I wanted to do some of this for some notes that are at the end of a group of notes, but I don't know how to do it yet. (lack of time to create music...)

Here is a very personal creation I made, where I found at last the way of making "long slides" in Realstrat, here the guitar sound is much more natural and I wanted to keep it free from any sophisticated effect (note that the composition is still at a premitive level, but I like a lot the last chapter at , I used four Wrappers each one containing Realstrat:)

I called it "Rebel Troubadour" -I like a lot the solo at minute 1'12''!-:

What do you think of it's sound now -especially at 1'12?

Direct Guitar $64

Shreddage $49

I assume you can't really do leads that well with Shreddage, though I could be wrong. Direct Guitar seems like it can do anything and just needs some decent soft amps and tweaks to it. The key switching certainly seems very convenient at least.

Seems like that's all you need plus a few amp sims. It seems pointless to me spending hundreds of dollars on giant VST libraries to do the same thing. My personal favorite amp is Native-Instruments Rammfire for Guitar Rig 4.1. It's a VST version of a Mesa Boogie pre-500 dual rectifier amp, the same one used by Rammstein's guitarist Richard Kruspe. Makes anything sound insanely huge and scary.

I've been looking for good sounding guitars for quite a while, since I absolutely hate playing the real thing, and it's scary to think of collabing with guitarists (shudder).

The thing is, DirectGuitar doesn't have 8x round robins, double tracking or 'fast mute' articulations which are essential for rock/metal playing. If you want to do pop/jazz stuff, then yeah, DirectGuitar is nice - but if you just compare the rock/metal rhythm demos out of the box, no other library (with the possible exception of ProminyLPC) sounds as good as Shreddage for rhythm stuff. Most libraries have only 2 RRs - down and up - which sounds ultra-mechanical, and they're usually not edited well for fast playing. Almost nobody does double-tracking and nobody does fast palm mutes which are key for 140-150bpm+ stuff.

However, it's true that you do need good amp sim sounds... which is why Shreddage also comes with an assortment of amp sim presets :-)

It might be my library, so I'm not the most objective person, but I have dozens of emails from fairly well-known producers, keyboardists and composers saying Shreddage beats everything else for what it's designed to do - rock and metal rhythm. My recommendation would be to get Shreddage (and soon, Shreddage X) for this kind of playing and then if you want leads, get Evolution Electric Guitar, which is on sale now. I have much respect for EEG as it sounds killer for lead playing and has a really nice strumming script, though again, their focus is not rock/metal rhythm so they don't have the other things I mentioned.

I'm definitely sold on Shreddage. But I also need some decent leads to replace Slayer. $150 seems a bit steep considering Ministry of Rock 2 is coming out in a week for $355, which includes 57 gigs worth of guitars, drums and basses (and will eventually end up on sale).

Evolution Electric definitely seems slick and easy to use, but I'm mainly after guitar for texture and use in massive orchestral productions. DirectGuitar still seems like a good buy for what it can do, and I don't mind spending some time tweaking it. Irregardless, I think I'll hold off on purchasing a lead set until I try them out and see which one I like using better.