FL Studio 50% off (ALL versions)

If you never upgraded to a newer edition to FL, do all of your old projects still work in the newer version?

All FL Studio projects open in newer editions. It doesn't work the other way around, though. Also, after FL Studio 10 they're removing pattern blocks, so I guess I should amend my answer to:

Starting at FL Studio 11, your old projects using pattern blocks won't be compatible.

I use the piano roll, mixer, VST channels, plugin effects, the playlist sometimes, and that's about it.

Notes in by hand, etc etc.

The hell are pattern blocks?

Well there you go.

Okay, I'll stop being a jerk.

Pattern blocks are the rectangles you put down in the playlist that have been there for a long time in FL Studio. I'm assuming you haven't upgraded to FL Studio 9, where clips were starting to be used. Clips are the other playlist where you can put stuff in the playlist and see what's in the pattern.

I made a similar thread to this a way back, but it's good to spread the word around.

I think I will have to go with Signature bundle since I want the FL Sound Font Player and Video Player, seeing as it's cheaper than buying producer and getting them separately. Pitcher and New Tone will be on my cart too.

I am finally getting a legit copy of FL. Waiting for the right time definitely paid off! :grin:

• 2 weeks later...