*NO* Sword of Vermillion 'Staats 2010'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer name: Cosmonal

Rreal name: Eric Fraga

Email address: ericfraga@gmail.com

Userid: 33016

Game: Sword Of Vermilion

Song: Stats

Comments: I did a version of this song at the time I was playing, 1992. Back then, I had a Yamaha PSR-510 with no sequencer, so I used the custom auto-accompaniment to make game music. Then, at 1995 I had access to a midi card and made a version, but using the same PSR keyboard. This year (2010), I wanted to upgrade my version with the gear I own now and this is my personal definitive version of Statts. Hope you guys enjoy it!

source:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/vermstat.mid

Arrangement is pretty cool expansion of the source, though a lot of the sequencing is a bit stiff. Some of the samples are a little weak as well, and some additional velocities would be nice with the percussion. The kick is good but is pushed really hard, and the claps are a little far back. Some additional percussive textures would be nice as well.

Guitar performance is clean and nuanced, and the strong point of the mix.

This is a good start, but needs some TLC to step it up a bit.

No, please resubmit

Very little to add to what Andrew is saying here. There's definitely a decent amount of expansion to the original, although sometimes the mix feels like it's treading water (aka not much going on) at times. The samples are a bit weak overall, and could stand an upgrade, although the guitar itself is nicely done. And, as OA mentioned, the sequencing itself is pretty stiff, and needs to be worked on.

There's a good start here, work on the details and I'd like to see this again.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

From the top this sounds much like a sound upgrade and less like an arrangement. It's even the same tempo! Is it possible that you used the .mid as base here because it certainly sounds like it. Try really expanding on the source, adding your own counter-melodies, chords, rhythms etc. There are some high-points for sure but there's room for expansion.

The production is definitely quite stiff. All sequenced instruments are a bit rigid and the samples themselves aren't that spectacular either. Nothing that really sticks out like a sore thumb but it all sounds very basic and thin. The mixing is a bit uneven too, the bass is especially overpowering and guitar quite low in volume.

Keep working on evolving this track both texturally and arrangement-wise and you'll be in better shape! :)

NO