*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Nibel Rebirth'

djpretzel

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 104 "Anxious Heart"

Way, WAY too basic in the handling of the source material. Mostly just the opening measures of the source melody along with new percussion and that off-key wind instrument.

Things slowed down at 2:20, but this does nothing significantly interpretive with "Anxious Heart" itself. Even the switchup at 2:59 provides nothing but new ideas for the percussion and 0 for the handling of the source.

If you took those pads or whatever the hell they are out, you'd have 100% original material. The sudden ending at 4:22 was also a total copout and completely uncreative. Not bad; I could see FF fans getting into it, but what the hell does this do to the original theme but slap various beats under it?

NO

I agree with what has been said. I actually like the drums, it is way too strong/loud though. The questionable flute/flute pad composition is the biggest flaw here for me. The rest is a bit too simplistic with simple pads. Actually pretty nice and enjoyable, but this needs more work and more additions along with some of the fixing and polishing. I hope you go back to this, this has promise. NO