Contact Info

------------

ReMixer name: Necas

E-mail Address: necas@cmu.edu

ReMix Info

----------

Game: Final Fantasy (NES)

Songs: Chaos Temple Theme, Underwater Theme

Comments: I have been holding on to this ReMix for a year and a half. I have finally decided to stick my neck out and submit it. It is inspired by Chopin's last and posthumous nocturne. I have written it to be calm and moving, so I am sorry if it is boring. If you do find this submission to be unacceptable, I would ask the judges to consider if a live performance of it would be. The ReMix may be found at:

Thank you for your time and for keeping OC ReMix alive.

Sincerely,

Ryan Michael Necas

It's a nice arrangement overall, I think. But it's just so darn mechanical sounding. You did some work with the dynamics, but it's going to either quite a bit more humanization or a live performance to get a pass.

Still, the writing seems fairly good, although I think you should changeup the accompaniment at some point. Maybe you could have a more homorhythmic or chorale-style "b" section to serve as contrast to the nonstop arpeggios in the left hand.

NO

:11...what?

yeah the problem with this is taht it's very mechanical. it's over quantized, and while the dynamics arent constant thru the song, it sounds like you drew the velocities section by section, rather than note by note. the volume jumps around very suddenly.

Feel the love, push out the jive. Play it live, then take five.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/ff1.zip - Tracks 12 & 14

These bros summed it up. Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting how the volume changed per section, rather than per note. Unorthodox approach (i.e. seriously, don't do that). Either get a more natural feel through more attention to the velocities or go about playing it live, like you mentioned, Ryan. If you indeed do go through with it, make sure to PM a judge about your resubmission. The arrangement itself is where it needs to be.

NO (live = YES)