Composer and Sound Designer looking for game projects

Anthony Morgan

I know there's lots of ppl here looking for game scoring opportunities. If everyone who wanted to score games would post here saying they're looking for work, recruitment and collab request threads would just get buried by a bumpfest of composers for hire. I can't speak for ocr staff, but I reckon that's goes against the purpose of this forum.

Besides, you're new here. There's ppl who've been here for years and are looking for work, ppl who've contributed to the site with remixes, reviews, wip feedback, project coordination, database work, running competitions and all kinds of community stuff. Shouldn't ocr first and foremost promote their own?

Sorry to hijack the thread, I was trying to keep it subtle in my previous post. I'd suggest you hang out, review stuff, contribute, partake in the community, while keeping your links in your sig or something. I reckon there's not that many ppl around who do sound effects, so you could market those while not stepping on all the other composers' feet (and all over the site) that way. ;)

And, if you're gonna stick around, welcome to ocr. :)

Well, to be fair, not too many people post to advertise sound design here (most of us stick to composition). From the demo, I may in fact be able use for someone who's into sound design, one day (but not for some time, so don't PM me about it yet). However, like Rozo is implying, you're trying to sell milk to a cow, here, when it comes to composition.

People come in here from time to time to offer jobs to composers (non-profit, mostly, but I've seen some for profit, as well), so you can come by periodically and check to see if people are looking for composers. You can also offer yourself to one or more of the projects that are run here, if you'd like.

Otherwise, yeah, we're all lookin', here. Good luck with your search :wink:.