*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Headless Freak'

djpretzel

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 117 "Who Are You?"

Now just because the original sounds "meh" doesn't mean the remix should as well. Ohhh, stuff like that sweeping synth at :14, you're hurting me. Bah, after the little swell at :27, we move into some very dry, empty, generic trance. And it just keep going like this. And let's not forget to throw in some cliched cymbal shots at :51.

Finally something different and with a measure of creativity at 2:03. Um...why did the beat at 2:24 sound like Danny B's original "Orbital Resonance"? Heh. Anyway, we rinse and repeat the earlier stuff at 2:44 only with some minor additions, like the scary vox-like synth.

Just plain-jane, as The Wingless would say, and uninspired throughout. Trance has the potential to be so much more than this. Keep at it, bro, and keep learning new things. Maybe it's just me associating your mixer handle with the game, but change it. That'd be like me calling myself Master Chief.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else hear shades of Knight Rider in this piece? Ah well...

I agree with everything said thus far. The empty space doesn't work as is. As a stylistic choice, it doesn't add anything, since the song is quite repetative by itself. If anything, the original begs for much more variation, not more repetition.

For this and many other reasons: NO

Work on more variation, and I don't mean with the same riff. I mean expound upon the riff. Change it. Smack it. Flip it. Rub it down.

i play the death angel today.

there is plenty of shades of knight rider in this except it doesn't nearly carry the same suspense that the knight rider theme carries. this isn't grating or awful but it does nothing at all and the synth choices are not very good, i could never listen to this more than once and that's auto-NO

i think the arrangement just sort of dallys around and doesn't do anything. it repeats certain sections over and over but doesn't offer anything to the listener beyond that

NO