*NO* Mega Man 3 'Blue Bomber, FTW!'

DragonAvenger

Hello there!

I have just finished up a remix of the 'Ending' song from Mega Man 3, titled "Blue Bomber, FTW!" I am aware that I have a Mega Man 3 medley already on this site featuring this song, however I have completely re-arranged and reimagined it for a standalone version because I just love this song so, so much.

This remix features a creamy, overdriven electric guitar, a glistening Hammond-style organ, a couple of guitar solo sections(complete with extreme arpeggio wankery over modulations during the bridge), and an actual hands-on bass performance this time instead of synthesized bass. It's much more calculated, stylish and less edgy than the older one in my medley. I performed all the instruments myself except for the drums, which were all programmed by me from scratch.

All work was done in Cakewalk SONAR. However, I've come a long way as a musician since my last remix, and I hope this is able to convey that as much as I feel it does.

Thanks so much for your time, I look forward to your comments and critique!

-----------------------

• 2 weeks later...

This is really excellent performance-wise, and the arrangement is fun too. The bass is a little too far forward and prominent though. I think it needs to be brought back a bit, and down in volume slightly. Right now it feels front-and-center, and while it's an interesting part, there are spots where it is crowding out the melody. The lead guitar could use a touch of delay.

It's a little distracting, and I think the mixing could be stronger, but overall I was really feeling this. I do think it needs some very minor tweaking before going forward, but 10 minutes of work will get this where it needs to be.

No, please resubmit

Definitely a cute arrangement, and nice to see a source that isn't often represented. Lots of personalized parts, and overall fun to listen to. My only nitpick is that the stuff played in octaves felt a little strange, but it's not a bad choice.

As Andrew said, there's some production aspects that need a little fixing. The bass is crowding things a little, and needs to be brought back just a tad. I also agree that the guitar could use a little delay. Aside from the drums, overall things feel just a little dry overall.

I think this is super close, and doing these fixes will push it over the bar.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

This had your own spin on the rhythm and feel, which was cool. Reminded me of Steely Dan and Santana, that 70's jazz-rock feel. The bass sounded ok to me actually, but maybe on monitors it's more of a problem. The major problem was just getting the guitars to sit right in the soundscape, they were way too dry. Some reverb or delay, maybe some balance adjustment, is all it needs. This is a simple fix that would turn this from a NO to a YES, so make sure you send it back to us!

NO (resubmit)