*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Song of Storms Metal Cover'

DragonAvenger

• 3 weeks later...

Good into, some pretty nice playing, and a good solo, but it just feels to short to get to any meaningful interpretation of the main theme. The ending was also way weak; just when the song ended, i was expecting it to really kick up and go somewhere new, expanding on the theme.

The production was solid, but seemed slightly washed out and a little overly scooped. Drums could have had a bit more bite, but were otherwise good.

Definitely a strong foundation, and a good track, but it'll need a touch more to get onto OCR. You definitely have the skills, so bring it! :-)

No, please resubmit

I will definitely agree that this is short. I wish you had taken this further and expanded more on the theme. The solo is excellent, and overall the style change works very well. I will agree with Andrew that the drums could use just a little more to them, but they are decent as is.

It's close, but it needs that extra nudge.

NO (resubmit)

Think up a proper title next time! :)

Some good playing here and interesting ideas. The intro was definitely a highlight because of the clarity and nice phrasing. You need to get some more mileage from the source though, expand the track and take it in some new directions.

The production needs some polish too, the heavier section actually sounds more quiet than the intro.. check your mixing and mastering, see if you can't get it to sound even but still with some headroom for the sounds so they're not squashed together. I know it's not an easy task but read up a bit on mixing/mastering, maybe that'll help?

Great start but we need a little more :)

NO