*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Cliffs of Hyrule'

DragonAvenger

ReMixer Name: SammySaysAhhh

UserID: 42798

Name of Game Arranged: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Name of individual pieces arranged: Saria's Song, Zelda's Lullaby, Zelda Main Theme, Hyrule Field, Song of Storms

Description: This is a medley of various pieces from Ocarina of Time. All instruments were played on a keyboard using sampled sounds provided by Garageband.

--------------------

- Saria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPtuOfQbyI - Zelda's Lullaby

- Title Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z1XmXQxojU - Hyrule field

- Storms

• 2 weeks later...

There are some really fantastic arrangement ideas here, which is why I felt this had to be paneled. However, there are a few transitions that aren't really cutting it right now for me. Transitions are super important for a medley, and really are what pull the track together, or apart. The transitions aren't bad by any means, but they definitely strikes me as a 'medley' transitions, making each section feel separate, rather than an overall piece. I liked the marching style percussion, and thought those were some of the highlights of the track.

Overall the sounds aren't really great, the bells, brass and some of the percussion stuck out as worse than others in terms of quality. I'm not as turned off by the sounds as other judges might be, but overall an upgrade would definitely bring some life into this.

I'd personally love for you to either revisit this and fix the transitions and production, but I could just as easily see you taking each theme and expanding on the arrangement you already have. There's a lot of promise here.

NO (please resubmit)

Excellent arrangement, with some real shining moments. Some of the instrument samples weren't quite holding up to the promise of the arrangement, though a few sounded pretty solid. The strings were very nice and well programmed, but the brass, especially in the faster runs were a bit weaker. Some of the string runs too, especially when exposed were a bit fakey sounding.

The only weakness in the arrangement is the transitions, where they don't quite follow through completely. Otherwise, there are some very inspired and creative additions here and i love the arrangement, and you by association. <3

I think you really should hit up the WIP forums and try to get some sample help, and also rock up those transitions too. Definitely have a wonderful start here.

No, please resubmit

• 1 month later...

Definitely like the way you've arranged the individual songs, but as a medley with almost no smoothness between songs, we can't take it. The production also isn't quite on the level it needs to be, though it's not bad. There's a stiffness to many of the instruments in the way they play the same way each note, and during faster runs, the sample quality is exposed. Brass in particular was weak. Not sure I see this as a good resub candidate, but I think some of the individual songs here could be expanded into great single-song arrangements.

NO