*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'Reorganized'

djpretzel

Believe this might be a submissions violation; if so, please indicate w/ no override - djp

Piece can be downloaded at:

* Contact Info

o Your ReMixer name: Jeff Ball

o Your real name: Jeff Ball

o Your email address: some1namedjeff@hotmail.com

o Your website: http://www.soundclick.com/jeffball

o Your userid (number, not name) on our forums: 15899

* ReMix Info

o Name of game(s) ReMixed: Final Fantasy 10 o Name of individual song(s) ReMixed:

Combination of:

Time of Judgement

Decisive Battle

Aeon Battle

Song of Prayer (in multiple forms)

o Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

I was listening to a few tracks which I enjoyed from the original FFX soundtrack. The Decisive Battle track has a lot of strange inconsistencies in it, and so I pulled what sounded most coherent and combined it with the Song of Prayer. At first it was just a random idea, I had no idea if it would actually turn out when I combined them. It scared me that it actually worked.

So I tried other things with other forms of the Song, it was such a mess in Cool Edit, almost everything had to be transposed and edited for timing. Then after that I added an R&B beat to it almost as a joke, but I liked it way too much, so I kept it. After that I added the Time of Judgement to give a bit of an intro with some added techno effects.

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FFX_psf2.rar - 319 "Time of Judgement" (:00-:22), 418 "Decisive Battle" (:23-1:15, 1:41-end/3:51), 318 "Song of Prayer ~ Bahamut" (:33-1:08), 417 "Aeon Battle" (1:16-1:41), 406 "Song of Prayer ~ Ronzo Tribe" (1:16-1:55), 120 "Song of Prayer" (2:02-2:36), etc, etc.

Just some source tunes combined with various Song of Prayer vox along with some beats and effects. In all honestly the first minute or so was pretty hot, but that's because I like the music you used. Production was eh, but that's the sacrifice you make in order to combine the stuff. I'll be keeping it. (One of the perks of the job, folks.) Nonetheless, read our guidelines some time.

Submission Instructions & Standards]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top. Also, don't simply take a MIDI file and assign new instruments to the parts, or add reverb, and expect that to pass as 'yours'. When we say 'ReMix', we actually mean something closer to 're-arrangement', if that helps clarify. If you listen to most of the pieces on the site and compare them to the originals, you should get an idea of what a ReMix is.

Anyway, Jeff, I'll close this out by telling you something my daddy told me once...

NO OVERRIDE