(MM7 intro)City Assault! Those with valour fight to protect the common good!

eilios

This sounds empty. There's a bass that's prominent, the drums that have a non-filling pattern most of the time, quiet leads... and that's it.

Slower music needs the space to be filled out better, and the textures to be treated differently. Right now it just sounds like you slowed down the original a little bit, which feels alien. If you're going to slow it down, make sure you make the parts around the themes fit the slow mood.

The leads and counter melodies should be mixed to the forefront a bit better. More importantly you need something harmonically in this arrangement that fills the soundscape, here. It just feels incomplete without some background harmonies and textures.

The source is sweet, so I hope you get going on this one.

New version! http://tindeck.com/listen/gcxh

Changelist:

• Remastered tons of stuff. Mainly, I quieted the bassline down. I also beefed up the drums, and raised the volume of the lead.
  • Minor changes in the synths arrangement and sequencing.
  • Added a new section towards the end.
  • Also completely added a new instrument with an entirely original melody to be a harmony to the main lead.
  • Put a low intensity lowpass filter on the lead synth.