Remixer's Name: LordMaestro

E-mail Adress: heydude6383@hotmail.com

Remix Info:

Song Title: The Forest Taught Me WHAT!?

Original Game: Secret Of Mana

Song Remixed: What the Forest Taught Me

Company: Squaresoft

Composer: Hiroki Kikuta

Well, anyways, I guess I should say what this was made with. I use FLStudio 4/5, free VSTi's (mainly superwave P8 and synth 1), and free samples found off the internet. I've been making music for a little while now, and I've been around the site for awhile.

Not too good at write-ups. Just enjoy the remix.

Unfortunately, my web host renames the file as "assetfile.mp3". Just know that that is the right file. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Enjoy.

this is by no means terrible, it's relatively easy on the ears, but there are some simple problems that give off an amateruish impression.

the trumpet in the beginning hurts, the synths arent bad at all, but the bigger problem is the arrangement.

it seems thin in most places. you sound like you're trying to create a denser scene, and the instrumentation sounds thin. as far as actual composition of the song, the formula of the song seems to be, "play 4 bar theme....repeat....change lead instrument, repeat, change 4 bar line, repeat. change lead instrument...repeat. that combined with a couple of bad notes equals a

NO

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/sd2.rsn - "What the Forest Taught Me" (sd2-15.spc)

Vig gave an excellent breakdown of the problems. Definite beginner sounds to it the whole way through. Retreading your steps with new instrumentation won't get you very far. The arrangement wasn't very engaging; I'm probably biased because I hate the original (ugh, so bad), but the fact is that this could have been half as long given the amount of ideas presented. The notes from 2:42-3:19 didn't sound right at all. Keep on learning.

NO

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/sd2.rsn - "What the Forest Taught Me" (sd2-15.spc)

Vig gave an excellent breakdown of the problems. Definite beginner sounds to it the whole way through. Retreading your steps with new instrumentation won't get you very far. The arrangement wasn't very engaging; I'm probably biased because I hate the original (ugh, so bad), but the fact is that this could have been half as long given the amount of ideas presented. The notes from 2:42-3:19 didn't sound right at all. Keep on learning.

NO

Shortest liontamer vote ever.

Well more than anything, I think the problem is how the sounds are used, rather than the sounds itself. Although the sound quality is pretty mediocre. If you are able to use soundfonts, you can find plenty of free ones that are far better than this at hammersound, or check our Remixing forums for darkesword's soundfont site.

Lack of clever application or patience in synth design and effects processing are some of the flaws here. SP8 and Synth 1 are capable of much better quality than what's in here.

Not bad at all, but the arrangement is just slightly above average, with production skills to match. Keep at it, you show a lot of promise. Work on polishing your ideas and execution.

NO