ReMixer name: kuro

Email: mdaffonso@gmail.com

Submission Information

Game arranged: Metroid

Song name: Kraid's Lair

System: NES

Composer: Hirokazu Tanaka

OST:

One day, for some reason I can't remember, I ended up re-listening to the original Metroid music. I didn't remember how awesome some of the songs, like Brinstar, Escape and Kraid's Lair sounded. Suddenly I thought: "Would Kraid's Lair sound good if I added drums to it?" I was thinking that maybe the original creepiness of the song would be very hard to maintain using drums, so I tried doing something not so creepy sounding. The song was awesome, but I had seen some "rearrangements" on the internet that weren't properly rearrangements. The structure was always the same, there were almost never new elements to the song. I tried adding to the source, instead of just changing bits and arrangements. I play the guitar and (more pretend than play) the bass, and at the moment my main bass inspirations were Victor Wooten and Louis Johnson, hence the abundant slapping and popping. Anyways, here is my attempt. I hope you enjoy.

------------------------

Pretty much a straightforward cover with some cool drum sequencing, and cool guitar sounds. There's really no arrangement to speak of until the halfway point. The solo section is pretty cool, but you really need to make your beginning and end more interesting.

Also, the drum sequencing is great, but the mixing is not.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to add to what Jesse has already said. The drumwork is really awesome in this, and the guitar and bass are pretty good, but essentially you've got (cover+drums)-(solo)-(cover+drums). If you could flesh out your arrangement ideas more throughout the mix you could have something good for OCR here.

NO (resubmit)