Bloodline Champions

Cinderwild

www.bloodlinechampions.com

Bloodline Champions is a free to play team-based PvP arena game where you fight it out with a bunch of different 'bloodlines' (aka classes).

The game has no stats and all your attacks have to be aimed. All the alternate class outfits and weapons are purely cosmetic, as are levels.

There's 21 Bloodlines currently, five of each archetype (ranged damage, melee damage, tank, healer) and an extra melee damage.

There's 4 bloodlines available each week (one of each archetype), and you can permanently unlock them with the in-game currency, or just buy the special edition of the game and get them all.

Anyways, I think its pretty fun and it'd be cool to have some people to play with steadily. It does feel pretty limiting only getting 4 per week, but its also a chance to focus on new characters and broaden your abilities.

(Just a hint, if you start playing this week, the ranged damage dealer Ignitor is a bit difficult to play against other people. I'm focusing on it and its easy to get railed hard.)

Yeah I've heard that a lot, but I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure how similar they really were. I've never played any other DotA game.

I think the appeal is supposed to be the lack of gear/variable stats/leveling up. You're always on equal ground as far as setup goes.

• 4 months later...

The main similarity with other Dotalikes is that you have two teams of heroes (or whatever theyre called in this game) that fulfill different roles, with different strengths and weaknessess going at each other, but that's pretty much it.

The controls are WASD to move and mouse to aim, which is a pretty radical departure from typical Dotalike control schemes. I guess you could say it controls similarly to Bastion and other games like that. The only ingame progression is that after doing or taking enough damage (I think?) you get the ability to cast your ultimate, you don't level up or buy items.

AFAIK there are no targeted attacks, but everything including your main attack is a skillshot. The main goal of the game is to kill all enemy heroes in a relatively small arena, and it's actually much more like online FPS deathmatches in that respect. 3rd person TF2 in a fantasy setting is a pretty accurate description. A single round shouldn't last much longer than a few minutes.