Cave Fire (Hot Head Bop Remix)

fxsnowy

You've got a nice idea going here, decent sound choices, but it doesn't sound human. The notes are there but there's not much feeling to them. That's the main difference between reading notes and actually playing them. You've got a few sounds in here that sound more human than others. The guitar thing at 1:58 is terribly mechanical and dry, backing monophonic synth at 0:44 is good. Use eq and a little bit of reverb to push some tracks further back if they get in the way of your leads. Work with track levels and eq to give foreground instruments more prominence (just not too much, as is the case atm) and backing instruments less (you're doing ok here).

There's some arrangement stuff you should work on to, the 1:03 thing is completely random. It's good to mix things up like that, but it has to be done in a way that makes sense and doesn't break flow. The little break at 1:29 is good. Not only does it flow well, but it references the source. Avoid stopping the music. It's a cool effect when used once or twice, but you use it a little too much.

A great way to vary the source is to use it with a different rhythm or chord progression, another is to take a part from the source and just use it in a new way behind (or in front of) a different part of source.

Not sure if you could rework this arrangement into what ocr is looking for. Maybe. At least get the production to ocr's levels. With a few exceptions, you've got good sounds in here, just gotta mix them better.

I listened to twice your remix. Globally, I can say I like, I think the most difficult is done. There are some moments I like a lot. But the cuts of sound are too rough. It's the main caracteristic you should work. It's better with a sound at the background as from 0:47 to 1:00. What's more, some instruments sounds dry, reverb can improve it. But this remix is on the right track !