Cids Theme from Final Fantasy 7, a rock remix.

markhansavon

Hey there,

I quickly created a performance of Cids Theme to test out a midi rock band I've been working on for a while in Propellerhead's Record. I don't have the best samples, so be easy on me, I just made this so I could listen to it myself, and I thought a person or two might appreciate it, even though it's very short. I'm not really looking to submit this to the whole ocremix library thing on the main page, but if I made it longer and fixed the mistakes in my keyboard playing, I might try in the future.

I usually use a dance-beat bass drum and an 80s-ish loose snare like in my FF13 Remix, but for this one I took the samples I had laying around and mimiced Hammerfall's sound on their cd that had the song 'The Way of the Warrior' (don't know if that name is completely right). Unlike my other performances, where I use multiple rhythm guitar tracks and pan them, I used just one, to cut back on space used (I'm using an old laptop, so I need to use as little CPU as possible). I panned the bass and the guitar slightly right and left, and made a lot of the tracks thinner than wider (stereo imaging). Most importantly, there's a lot more performance than there is programming.

Thanks ahead of time for the listen. If you do have suggestions, I will listen, it's just there are certain things I can't do, like get better samples at the moment, because it requires lots of green stuff. x_x Also, a lot of people have told me they don't like my lead guitars, but I actually like them...I don't know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K_CFVZouno

Lemme just say, it is pretty cool. And rather impressive for all MIDI. However, as much as I like stuff that stays true to the original, it doesn`t seem like there was much interpretation. It just feels like it needs a little something extra...

But overall, very cool!