Contact Information

lpianol

Luis Melgar

lpianol@hotmail.com

Submission Information

Legend of Mana

Diddle's Organ Composer: Yoko Shimomura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGOW-cP6b0&feature=related

I made this arrangement for a friend who felt the song had very melancholic undertones and wanted to hear them expanded.

I really tried bring out the richness of the chord progressions. The chords allow for nice expansion on the melody and some

improvisation.

---------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGOW-cP6b0&feature=related

Some pretty nice ideas here, but the arrangement really drags; I think you could edit about 1.3 of it out total to have a more cohesive and succinct piece. I think the feel was really nice and this definitely has promise, but the arrangement feels spread a little too thin.

The sound itself was warm, but sounded muffled. I think boosting the high end slightly would give this a better sound.

The performance overall was very nice, but there were a few minor flubs here and there. They were subtle, but noticeable enough for me.

I think this definitely has promise though, but needs a little more polish for OCR.

No, please resubmit

I'm very intimate with the LoM track, so it's great to see someone showing it some love, especially a track I wouldn't have expected hearing. You've got a great idea here, but I think you almost drive it to the ground, and you could easily cut out at least a third of the track to keep things more succinct and will help prevent things from starting to feel overused.

I'm not too bothered by the piano sound, but I won't disagree with Andrew and there's no harm in making it sound better. :)

Hope to hear this one again,

NO (resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...

perhaps it's just me, but the overall volume of the piano seemed really quiet. I agree that boosting the high end a bit would help a bit with the muffled sound. I also noticed a couple tiny mistakes in the performance, but overall it was good. main complaint, as has been said, is with the arrangement being dragged out. If you can condense it a bit and possibly brighten up the recording somewhat, this will have a good shot. :)

NO(resub)