"Tallon Green"

Turtle

1:12, listen for how they all seem to occupy the same frequency range. Avoid that.

Kick bothers me, but not sure why. Could be the lack of a bass instrument to compete with it (the pad just doesn't), or just that I'm expecting a more typical bass+kick combo with the kick more clicky and the bass hogging the lows. idunno. It just bothers me.

Can barely hear the Green Brinstar ostinato, bring it out more. Some of the other instruments, the one competing with the lead (whatever the lead at any given time is), could be pushed back a bit tho.

Your 1:00 lead at some points is a bit too simple but seems to push the compression or otherwise screw with the overall sound. QT's level meters doesn't suggest you've got a very loud track, so I'm really curious as to what compression settings you're using. If that's it at all.

The two sources fit together nicely. This isn't ocr-level, but it's a step on the way.

It's not bad at all (I'm not hearing anything wrong with 1:12, but maybe it's my speakers).

Two suggestions: I can kind of hear the Green Brinstar theme, but I'd make it a bit more pronounced. Also, a it's hard to explain this, but I think you could use some bass somewhere there. It feels top-heavy with no support (that probably makes no sense). The higher pitched tones are very dominant, but there's not enough lower tones to provide the [iMO] needed juxtaposition between the two.

I originally just had the Green Brinstar part at the bassline but then I got to thinking that I could put in more of that song and have it fit well with the other source. I've turned that part up as much as I can without having it overwhelm the rest of the song. Could it use a stronger pad, maybe?