Email address: wblackall@gmail.com

Userid: 36156

Name of game arranged: VVVVVV

Name of individual song arranged: Potential for Anything

Game info:

- Composer: Magnus Palsson/SoulEye

- Designer - Terry Cavanagh

- Original soundtrack - http://souleye.madtracker.net/

My comments: I wanted to modernize the chiptune sound SoulEye used in this track. I recreated the track from scratch by listening to the original and isolating each part and section. Once that was done, I changed the instrumentation and form and added my own pieces of the arrangement.

Whitaker Blackall

www.WhitakerBlackall.com

Twitter: @wblackall

AIM: wblackall

Reddit: WhitakerBlackall

----------------

Source tune is completely awesome, good choice there!

I really like a lot of the arrangement ideas you've got here, but I think this starts to get a little repetitive. I'd consider dropping one of the more similar sections towards the end to condense this and allow the different sections to shine through a little more. Aside from that I have no issues with this on the arrangement side.

Production has is flaws, however. First off, the lead synth is being totally overpowered by the (pretty awesome, IMO) background. As it is, the synth itself doesn't feel like it cuts it as a lead synth at times. A change-up might be good for the listener's ears, anyways, as the same sounds are used pretty much throughout the mix.

Really liked hearing this one, and I think it's a good candidate for a resub.

NO (resubmit, please)

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the thought and feel behind this, but do agree that it feels like it's a bit repetitive. There are some great arrangement ideas, and the different sections are good, but The dynamic curve feels pretty static, and the main section feels exactly the same each time. There are some insanely good builds and transitions,

THe song balance is good mostly, but some of the arps are a little too loud, making hearing the lead in some sections less prominent than it should be.

Overall this is really really close for me, I just think a little bit more variation on the individual sections and some slight rebalancing is needed.

No, please resubmit

dunno if it's just me, but the first lead is causing some buzz in my left headphone.

overall, I'm really liking the arrangement. it doesn't get repetitive for me, but the instrumentation, albiet fairly similar to the original, was a little plain imo (though I can definitely appreciate the chiptune aesthetic :D), and the percussion was also too far back in the soundscape. the mix in general could have used some more punch in the low end. I think the leads could be brought forward a bit too.

production improvements will help this out a lot, but I think you should look into expanding the instrumentation a bit more as well, if possible. a close call; I do hope you touch this one up a bit! :)

NO(resub)