Help with extending OST songs

LiquidGlass

I've been working as an afterschool teacher for the last 3 years, and during the hour I help with homework we're supposed to have music playing. I've been using various VG OSTs to help fill this up (Chrono Cross, Tales of Symphonia, FF music, etc...). I usually use town themes and forest songs.

I was wondering if anyone had a good technique for extending these songs. As you all know most vg music is about a 2 minute song playing on a loop. Does anyone have a way to maybe play that loop 3-4 times without causing any break? It would extend the amount of playlists we use, and help keep a steady atmosphere in the classroom.

Thanks guys. I'm familiar with Audacity so that shouldn't be a problem after a few minutes of relearning.

Mixing and arranging, while something I've always wanted to do, is definately not something I have time for at the moment.

Anyways, this community is still awesome.

Getting a good loop that can stay interesting is a lot harder, but I've on numerous occasions manually looped parts of rather short VGM songs I liked for personal use. I use FL Studio and knife/pattern tool for it, but you can also use audacity for that.