*NO* Final Fantasy Tactics 'A Natural Clash of Energy'

DragonAvenger

This is the second remix I will have sent in. The first one was not accepted, but for good reason. This song I believe has much more potential.

This is an EDM remix of "Run Past Through The Plain" off of the Final Fantasy Tactics ost.

My artist name is Soul De Sol,

My real name is Michael Kane Hall

My email is BenisIndustries@gmail.com

I was listening to the soundtrack one day, and, while listening to this song, I noticed that the tempo and beat were perfect for EDM!

One thing I really love about this song is how the notes naturally build enormous amounts of tension. This song is so quick paced I simply love it.

I've been composing music using Fruity Loops now for about 2 and a half years now. Well I hope you guys enjoy it, I believe this piece is much more professional than the last one.

Btw, I love the site. =3

----------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=790UL0_J4Xg

Pretty cool approach. For whatever reason, FFT music is ridiculously hard to mix well, so kudos for taking this on. I like how you've used the different elements in the electronica, and didn't just stick to the melody for it. When the melody does come in, it's relatively unaltered, and I do wish you'd done a little more with that, either through breaking it up, or playing around with the melody more.

Production is what is really holding this back. Right off, the bass is way overpowering. Not really feeling your lead synths, either. They're lacking the power and cut and presence to really pull out as a lead, and overall you could use something more effective. One example is the string lead, which has a relatively slow attack, making the melody feel just out of time.

Mostly it's production here, balance foremost, but this definitely needs another look for us. Wouldn't hurt to hit up the melody lines a little more, as well.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

good on ya for remixing some FFT. this is actually a very conservative adaptation considering the jump in genre, most of the elements of the source are unchanged for a majority of the mix. the background patterns (sounds and sequencing) were pretty static and need to move/evolve more as the track progresses. the drums need some more bite too.

the first half of the song gets pretty repetitive due to the lack of melody, and when the melody is playing, the lead string instrument isn't getting the job done. As Deia pointed out, the long attack and releases are causing the notes to bleed and sound out of time at points.

this is far too close to the original, imo, but the production needs some work too.

NO(resub)

Some creative and cool ideas added to a solid source theme, but I gotta agree that it gets a little too repetitive. Some of the sounds used were good, while others lacked presence.

You definitely have a good foundation here, and with a little bit more personalization and a few different leads that had a stronger attack, this would be cool.

Some suggestions to further personalize this would be to add some harmonies, more cool rhythmic change-ups, counterpoint ideas, or even add in a second theme. :-)

No, please resubmit