Laser Ruse

Brandon Strader

Nice. :)

The game feels polished, and does a good job at getting progressively more difficult; level design could use a bit more work, and it's fairly short, but a fun spin just the same!

Music was appropriate for the kind of game; not in-your-face so you don't get irritated with it quickly, but also not so laid-back it makes no difference.

Nicely done to the both of you!

(~4,999,999,997 to go, assuming you and the dev played it)

I made $8 through the sponsorship of this game so it's probably "real" enough that someone could make an oc remix of the music... eh? eh? come on... who wants to? ;-)

I don't know if it actually works that way at OCR but if you're allowed to remix it and you want to then that's cool

Any video game can be remixed on OCR.:tomatoface:

Any video game can be remixed on OCR.:tomatoface:

actually, quote from the sub standards:

Games that are shareware, freeware, or personal projects may or may not be accepted at our discretion. We strongly recommend arranging music from commercial releases to avoid any problems.
I actually asked some staff about this, I was told it was dealt with on a case by case basis. So it might be worth sending tracks you aren't sure fit the standards to one of the judges so they can tell you if its going to pass.

Hah, I got 18th on all time high score! ^_^

Interesting game, I enjoyed the music at the beginning, but then it started to get to me while looping, Its probably just my taste in music talking, but I think id' prefer a longer drawn out trance techno type song... >_> But hey! thats just my OPINION. Again, the music was good but it just repeated too many times :(.

The actual game it's self was interesting, I made it to something like level 14, (the Circle of doom) and just couldn't avoid going in the landmines, by that time I had full lazer upgrade and full speed upgrade and was working on the abilities. (I kind of like to finish one or two base upgrades before I go for abilities, just a habit) While I was doing this, I found that the game became more agressive with the lazers, and my speed became my own enemy because I had to react faster and be more accurate to avoid everything.

So the skill part of the game seems to be well thought out, especially how the lasers came in certain patterns, and how you manage your skills for gain/loss for your self.

Really liked it, but as it is a skill based game with out something more to it, it unfortunately doesn't engage me for more than 1 play. It has me looking forward to your next game though if that helps!:tomatoface:

It's up on Kongregate now: http://www.kongregate.com/games/IbeTom/laser-ruse

Has been played over 10k times, has just now gone up on Kong. Our ad royalties have gone from 20 cents up to like $5.45, not bad so far for a first effort.. People are digging me tune even though I wish I could have fixed it and stuff. Dunno if it being up on GPStudios / Kongregate / Newgrounds now makes it eligible for being remixed on OCR but I'd love to hear people remix it, just to hear what they could do with it. It was inspired by halc and chthonic's style so to hear them remix it would be amazing. :-P