Submission Information:

Title - "Son of the Sun"

link to remix - I attached mix to this letter

Name of game arranged - The King of Fighters'96

System: NEO GEO

Name of individual song arranged - "Esaka", Hero team theme

Link to the original soundtrack -

Hello!

This is my another attempt to find "my sound" and style. Metal(or rock), electronic, orchestra or whatever. Sorry I'm not strong in genres render or any other terminology.

When I play guitars(trying to play:D) I always have some strange feeling that something is wrong. Same as before this is experiment.

I tried here synth lead, I have no keyboard so I "draw" this lead. I always love Synth+Guitar mixes. Pretty funny play guitar in this case. I enjoyed to play bass guitar in this mix especially, cause it's simple but interesting imo. May be I sucked in lead guitars, but I hope no one notice it))

As for the source. This is the only games series I like and, still playing sometimes.

"Esaka" is the most popular thing from this series, i think. But every attempt of to remix it or even cover by different people(those I heard) was SUCKS!!!) So I had to do it! Even if I'm n00b) I just HAD TO DO IT!

Thank You for listening and Your waste time! Hope someone enjoy this mix as I do!

Have a nice day! And night)

P.S. Sorry for my english, if I said something weird)

-------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe another judge can point out something I'm missing here, but overall I'm not hearing a lot of source, aside from the opening riff and whenever it is played again. Aside from that I'm liking the soundscape you have going on here. The soloing is nice, and the balance is pretty good. Drums could stand to be a little more interesting, but they aren't totally on autopilot.

NO (resubmit)

arrangement-wise, the key is changed and theres a lot of notes added to the melodies.. I'm hearing the connections at first but it gets a little tenuous as the song gets deeper into the soloing. haven't broke it down, but I think the main riff, which is used pretty heavily, along with the melody use earlier in the track might put it over 50%.

sounds and performances here are good, but the mixing needs some cleaning up, and the track is overcompressed. the kick is really overpowered and causes the other instruments to dip. overall, the song could use a more defined bass/low-end as well.

NO(resub)

I definitely think this is overcompressed, as things are just way way loud. Bring the overall levels down, and the compressor won't have to work as hard. The melody isn't apparent immediately, but after several listens, it's mostly there. I'm hearing less than 50% overall, and because of the massive alterations, it's even tougher for me.

The performances were good overall, but the less-than-dominant source and overcompression mean this needs to be fixed up a little. I'm looking forward to hearing a updated version! :-)

No, please resubmit