*NO* Space Quest 3 'Thermal Unders' *RESUB*

DragonAvenger

Original Decision

I don't really have any bandwidth, so if you could please hide the link when it's on the forums, that'd be great.

RESUBMISSON

ReMixer name: Defiance

Real name Peter Mitchell

Email address petemit@gmail.com

Userid 11054

Name of game arranged Space quest 3

Name of individual song(s) arranged Introduction

Additional information about game Composer: Bob Siebenberg; System: PC; Company: Sierra

Link to the original soundtrack

Own comments

I combed the song again, changed some of the transitions, and I tried to master the sound to make the drums come out a lot more. I'm pretty satisfied with it, and I'm willing to say this is my finished product for this song. I appreciate the judges time and comments which help me to be a better composer.

Best regards,

Defiance

---------------------

I can tell you condensed the opening, which is good, because things start to move a lot faster. The arrangement otherwise stays pretty much the same, which works for me. I think the production is still holding this one back, namely the overall sounds being thin, and the balance is still not totally working as well as it should. Some percussion sounds too far back, and other parts (like the cymbal) are a too far forward.

I think it's closer, but it's still not there.

NO

pretty conservative arrangement; kind of a sound upgrade, but with some added layers and embellishment in the writing. gets a little boring for me by the end because of the lack of evolution in the instrumentation, but otherwise I thought it was okay.

gotta agree with Deia; the sounds are thin and leave a lot of empty space in the soundscape. try adding some more stereo spread to your background instruments to fill things up a little better. balance is also off. the bass is really quiet and the cymbals are quite loud. some of the leads can be a little grating on the ears as well in the upper mids.

NO(resub)

I was feeling this more than my fellow judges I think; it evokes the original well, and the drums are much improved in this version. Unfortunately, I'm still not hearing much bass, and the opening, while better still feels a little lost to me.

I think adding some bass to give it a better foundation, and then tightening the intro a bit more, or at least giving it more structure melodically would be best. Definitely a step in the right direction, but it needs to go further.

No, please resubmit