UserID: 44318

Name of game arranged: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Name of individual song arranged: Turnabout Sister's Theme

Additional info:

Platforms: GBAdvanced, NDS

Composers: GBA - Masakazu Sugimori, NDS - Naoto Tanaka

Original song:

Comments:

Here is my mini tribute to the Phoenix Wright series. Intended to go with video made to look like an anime intro for a Phoenix Wright show in the end. That in mind, I wanted to have a great uptempo rock/ska song to really set the mood for the quarky series. So to combine my love of VG music and pop punk this song was a lot of fun to write and I hope everyone has as much fun listening to it as I did recording it!

Lyrics:

Sifting throught the miles of red tape

and all of the lies

I'll take it slow and press on forwards

find the contradictions, and can i...

please just get a witness?

please don't fall to pieces I'm right here by your side

one by one things start to turn on me

so don't you lose your faith

in me!

If I can overcome the objections that have been thrown on to me

I know nothing comes easily

For you I fight 'cause I believe

If I can hold it together a little more than maybe you might see

That I can turn this trial around

And I won't stop till you're not guilty

------------------------------------------

really like the arrangement here, hadn't imagine it being done in a ska-style, but it works pretty well. unfortunately the mixing is pretty dry and muffled. nothing really cuts through the ensemble.. it's quite difficult for me to even make out the lyrics without reading them. it's also pretty short, with just a single verse and chorus. we've definitely posted mixes that get the point across in a really short timespan, but you could at least add in a solo and repeat the chorus or something to that effect. mixing is the main issue here though, hopefully some J's with more experience in live recording can provide some more detailed feedback.

NO(resub)

I was really happy to hear this starting out, because this is a fantastic and unique way to take the source. I have to say though, I'm not hearing (aside from the little bell synth) any source from 0:20-1:08, which is a majority of the mix. I'm sure you can find a way to incorporate the source into that verse (especially if you added more)!

Halc's got the mixing issues down. Right now a lot of stuff is fighting with each other in the arrangement, making it hard to make out parts at all. It would be great if you could get things cleared up.

Really fun, I want to hear this again!

NO (resubmit, please)

I really REALLY love this song on it's own, but there's definitely not enough dominant source in it for OCR, and there are some mixing issues. Your original writing is excellent, and the arrangement itself is really tight, with solid transitions and a strong vocal performance. Guitars and Bass were great, and the drum fills felt really nice as well. Also loved the lyrics.

To improve the sound, I think some EQ applied to the guitars and horns to carve them out their own space is a good start, and maybe pan the clean guitar opposite of the vocals just a little bit.

Absolutely fantastic track with a nice Phoenix Wright musical cameo, but it can't go on OCR in it's current state. :-(

No ;_;