*NO* Mega Man 7 'Opening Stage'

DragonAvenger

4Shared Link:

MP3 Attatched to this e-mail, if the link above doesn't work

Contact Information

-ReMixer Name: Raul Henrique

-Email: raike_14@hotmail.com

-Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulHSFranco (Youtube channel)

-User ID: 44298

Submission Information

-Game Arranged: Megaman 7 (SNES)

-Song Aranged: Opening Stage

After seeing the Battlerager & Scaredism's awesome Hot-Head Bop version of DKC2, I've decided to join this community xD

Let's begin with a music that I used to like when I was 7 =P

That's my first submission... if anything get wrong, please tell me, and i'll try to fix net time =/

---------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htqSQnTgfMg

• 2 weeks later...

Natural choice to take this theme, and there's a lot of promise here, but there's also a lot of things that need to be addressed. Right away I can hear that the balance is off; bass is pretty loud overall (cool riff though), as well as the rhythm guitars. Also, the bass especially feels like it's in a totally dead space, and could use some reverb.

Arrangement-wise this sticks close to the original, as noted by the '(cover)' in your embedded title. For OCR there needs to be more interpretation and arrangement on the source. There is some good interpretation you've done, but there needs to be more! Also, I'm noting a few wrong notes which stick out pretty clearly to me (1:39 is one example).

You can definitely work up to getting accepted here if you adjust your arrangement ideas and production overall, keep working at it!

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

The bass high end is incredibly overhyped, and overall is too loud. You can barely hear anything else in the song, and it's sequencing is incredibly mechanical as well. The harmony lead guitar is also pretty out of tune, and the playing is a bit rough.

Sorry to be so critical of your track, I think the concept is good, and you picked a really good theme, as well as added some really nice solos, but the overall execution needs to be stronger. I hope you consider taking this to the WIP threads and getting it tuned up there.

No

gotta echo my fellow judges here. the bass is overpowered (and very mechanically sequenced), and otherwise the mix is pretty sparse, leaving a lot of empty space in the sound field, despite the relatively full instrumentation. arrangement-wise I gotta agree it's leans into cover territory but the added solos and little embellishments were nice.

you got the playing chops, but you need to improve your mixing skills and arrange the original track a bit less conservatively.

NO(resub)