Free concert for those who live in Los Angeles area UPDATE w/ mp3s

FunkyEntropy

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. So...anyway.

My brass quintet, the Oakwood Brass Conspiracy, is giving concert/recital/whathaveyou this Sunday, and the second half of the program will feature arrangements done by various members of the group of video game music (some of which can be found in the WIP section of OCR). Namely, the Hylian Suite No. 1, Highwind Anthem, and Another Voyage, along with a kickass rendition of the Gerudo Valley theme (not uploaded to the WIP section yet). First half of the program is more "classical" repertoire like Contrapunctus IX (J.S. Bach), Just a Closer Walk with Thee, and a f#&%ing fabulous arrangement of the Polka from The Golden Age (Shostakovich).

Anyway, the details:

When: Sunday, May 15th at 6:30 pm. Concert is following a performance by the church choir + organ at 5ish (I think)

Where: Church of Our Saviour, San Gabriel

535 West Roses Road

San Gabriel, CA 91775-2205

Admission: FREE

----------------------------

Here's a link to a zip with the mp3s for the full concert. No EQ or anything fancy like that, just some balancing of the mics to hopefully capture the same balance we had in the performance.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a5dw9izi7r99oq8

Unfortunately due to human error the first couple of seconds of "Closer Walk" didn't get recorded which is a shame because it was a pretty solid runthrough. Aside from that, we're still twidling with mic placement (I think we need a separate mic behind the french horn and the mic for the tuba/room needs to be closer to my bell so that the articulation isn't as woofy and non-distinct.)

Shameless bump.

No worries for those who can't be there in person - we will be recording (or at least, I'm 99% certain that we will be) so even if it takes a couple of weeks you'll be able to hear it via our youtube channel.

But if at all possible you should hear it live - brass in general and low brass in particular just plain sound better live.

• 4 weeks later...