*NO* Friday the 13th 'Use the ReMix to Light the Fireplaces'

djpretzel

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/friday13.zip - Tracks 5 & 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why are you letting me down like this? This could have been AWESOME. Well, the source material is awesome, so this really carries it appeal from that. This was at least cool to listen to.

The intro sounded too distant. The piano sample has no attention to velocities done in the effort to sound more realistic. Same with the light string work occasionally used. Damn, this theme is cool as hell. Still an enjoyable listen.

Some SLIGHT work with dynamics, but the sample usage killed most of the effect on that. And the track, after transitioning to Track 1 of the NSF, abruptly cuts out at 3:03. Who knows, maybe it was stolen from someone else. In any case, this let me down. [sniff sniff] Gonna cry over this. Wing might too. Stop making black men cry. :cry:

NO

I really didn't realise that this was a solo piece until half way through, I expected drums or some other instruments to come in. This is missing all the other instruments! This doesn't sound like a solo at all, because it has delay and what sounds like chorus effects on it. It just sounds way too mechanical, although I realise that making it sound more human would mean that you would probably have to scrap the delay, and hence the whole thing.

This is gonna sound harsh, but the idea just didn't work.

NO

The main issue here has definitely been hit on the head, way too robotic. I also feel for a piano solo, this is pretty simplistic overall. After the whole arp. section, the big chord suddenly comes in very abruptly. Pretty decent atmosphere. I would work on making the piano section more complex, and adding other elements to the mix, pads, fx processing etc. At this point, it just sounds too plain. Some neat ideas, but one that isn't capitalized on yet. Keep at it. NO