OceansAndrew

Contact Information

CJthemusicdude

Chris

CJthemusicdude@gmail.com

CJthemusicdude.com

CJthemusicdude

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Ninja Gaiden (NES) and American Gladiators (SNES).

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Ninja Gaiden: "Decision" and American Gladiators "Title Theme"

Name of remix: Chromatic Warriors

Additional information: Systems = NES and SNES.

Your own comments about the mix: I noticed a while back that both of these tunes had the same progression at one point. That i VII VI V progression makes up the nearly all of "A Decision" and pops up for a while in the "Title theme." for American Gladiators. I wanted to connect these two tunes together somehow using that progression, because I enjoy them both so much.

Link to the original soundtrack:

(Starting at 0:22) and

Really interesting idea of a theme mashup- they share the same chords, but one source is more bombastic and energetic, while the other is super moody. I think the actual incorporation of the two themes is pretty solid, but I am not completely sure of the vanilla sounding synths used in a lot of sections. SOme of the balance seemed off too, such as when it was the more emotive breakdown, there was an epiano, and then suddenly it is smothered in fake strings.

The sequencing was a bit mechanical in a lot of places as well, and in the more exposed parts that brought it down.

Overall a good idea, but the execution needs polish. I recommend you hit up the WIP threads and get some advice on tweaks. :-)

No

• 1 month later...